|Friday, September 6, 2019||5:00 pm||Registration Closes|
|Friday, September 6, 2019||4:00 pm – 7:00 pm||
Kit Pick-Up at Fresh Air located at 710 Balmoral Street. If you are unable to pick-up your kit on Friday you can still get on Saturday morning at Belluz Farms but be prepared as there could be a line up.
RIDE DAY - at Belluz Farms
|Saturday, September 7, 2019||8:00 am||Participant Arrivals / Check-in at Belluz Farms - MAP
(Check-in only required if you didn't pick up your ride kit on Friday)
|9:00 am||Long Route – Start Time|
|9:00 am||Medium Route – Start Time|
|10:30 am||Short Route – Start Time|
|2:00 pm||Aid Stations close|
|3:00 pm||Route Support ends|
|12:00 pm – 1:30 pm||Lunch (please show your wrist band)|
|2:00 pm||Event End|
|7:00 pm||Post-ride social and draws for some great prizes at Sleeping Giant Brewing Company located at 712 Macdonnel Street - MAP|
|8:00 pm||Draws Commence|
On-course Aid Stations close at 2:00pm
Direction signs will be posted all along the routes but please ride safely and to obey all rules of the road.
The Central Canada Charity Ride wants to include everyone who is capable of riding the course distance within the supported time frame (9:00am – 3:00pm). For some, this may require assistance. If you have need of ride support, please contact us in advance and we will make arrangements for your appointed support person.
General Ride Info
- Please have respect for residents living along the course.
- If nature calls, find a discreet location, not the neighbours’ bushes.
- Aid stations which include portable toilets are located along the routes.
- In case of emergencies, safety vehicles will follow the ride. They are not taxis. If you feel that you can’t complete your full distance, be sensible and turn around!
- The ride concludes where you started at the Belluz Farms on Candy Mountain Road off of on Hwy 103.
- You must show your ride wrist band for entry.
- Lunch is included in your entry fee. Lunch will be served from 12:30pm to 3:30pm at Belluz Farms following the ride.
- Wrist band must be presented for lunch.
- A cash bar will be available. Should you decide to have a few après ride beverages, please don’t drink and ride or drink and drive.
Important Safety Information
- CPSC, ANSI or Snell certified helmets must be worn when riding.
- All equipment should be in good working order. Remember, you will be traveling between 50 and 100 km.
- This is not a closed course: you are sharing the roadway with other vehicles. You must observe and obey the Ontario Highway Traffic Act at all times.
- Avoid the dreaded bonk. Take water or a sports drink and a small snack with you. As you fatigue, you need to rehydrate and refuel to function and think clearly. Take the time to stop at the aid stations for a rest and a visit.
- Be aware of the dangers of intersections along the course, even if you do have the Right of Way.
- Stay as close to the right-hand side of the roadway as possible and do not ride more than two abreast.
- Slower paced riders should keep to the right to allow faster paced riders to pass on their left.
- Do not cross the yellow line on any road at any time.
- Be aware of your actions as they may compromise the safety of the other participants.
Looking For a Place to Stay?