Important things to remember:
- Riders are responsible for their own safety.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Rules of the road - this is not a closed course so you must obey all traffic laws, red lights and stop signs unless otherwise directed by police. View Video.
- Riding in groups – Riding in group helps riders save energy by creating a wind break which allows you to do longer distances. However, riding in a group can also be more dangerous. Ride with at least 12 to 18 inches away from the tire in front of you. Avoid overlapping your front wheel by the rear wheel of another. Try to keep a steady pace. Working together will keep everyone safe. View Video.
- Stopping – make sure you are off the road when stopped.
- If you get dropped – anyone can get dropped for one reason or another. If you get dropped, relax, enjoy the scenery and find a comfortable pace. If a group of riders slowly pass you from behind, try to join them if possible to help you save energy. Remember, this is not a race.
- If you get lost, call the phone number provided to you at registration for direction and or assistance.